In response to high demand for this particular workshop Create North has sort additional funding to commission a second workshop Light installation artist Mick Stephenson will be leading this two-session workshop
In response to high demand for this particular workshop Create North has sort additional funding to commission a second workshop
Light installation artist Mick Stephenson will be leading this two-session workshop for 12 lucky creatives who want to learn how to creative and build their very own illumination.
Over the course of two sessions Mick will:
- introduce you to a range of materials and equipment that can be used to create amazing lighting from scratch
- shine a torch on the use of recycled materials within creative practice
- walk you through the design process
- support you to experiment and create a prototype
- help you build your own illumination for inside and outside use
- talk about his own work and share insights into how he has generated income from his passion to create.
Mick is known for creating large scale light installations that welcome audiences into extraordinary worlds of colour. After winning a Lumiere 2011 commission from Artichoke, he has gone on to create work for Gateshead Enchanted Parks, Sunderland’s illuminations, Staithes Light Fantastic Festival, e-Luminate Cambridge Festival, Kendal Calling festival, Durham’s Brass Festival and Hull’s Freedom Festival to name but a few.
The sessions are taking place on we 26th October, 10am until 12.30pm and on Wed 2nd November, 10am until 4pm
This workshop if free, refreshments, lunch and lighting materials will be provided. By the end of the two session you will have created an artwork ready to plug in. So, what are you waiting for? Book yourself in NOW to avoid disappointment
October 26 (Wednesday) 10:00 am - November 2 (Wednesday) 4:00 pm
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP